Major revamp of Zesk. PSR-4. PHP 8.1. Added typing to nearly all calls and will continue until they all have types (
interfaces which are untyped).
Dropped internal ORM implementation and database abastraction in favor of Doctrine which has an excellect Database Abstraction Layer (DBAL) as well as a very mature and robust Object Relational Mapping ( ORM) engine.
If you upgraded to this version you will have a lot of work to do.
We anticipate a few small releases before a full 1.0 release.
Many breaking changes:
functions.phpcalls for typing such as
toBool) are now
pairand other cousins are in
mapand other cousins are in
zesk\Configurationkeys are case-sensitive
zesk\Exception\KeyNotFoundis used in cases where the key should exist more often
- Doctrine added,
zesk\ORMwere removed. LOL. Some remnants remain and will be removed.
- Module names are case-sensitive
- Module JSONs are now loaded via glob
*.module.jsonto avoid case-sensitivity issues
- All modules restructured to new project layout, tests added
Netmodule had major renaming, part-way finished (WIP)
- Removed all widget and most HTML-related tools - moving to a more API-centric server model.
- All namespaces for modules are now
- Using flatter namespaces for most references
- Major camelCase refactor and cleanup
- PHP 8.1 default
- Template paths are no longer case-insensitive
- Code coverage for testing is more than 50%
- Added docker and testing containers
- Support XDEBUG debugging from the container
- Major development, build, and release updates to the project in
- Removed a ton of old code and things which were no longer used
- Exceptions were renamed and refactored, now all have an
- Better use of namespaces
- World Bootstrap moved into
- Hook system rewritten to use PHP
- Case-sensitivity has generally been removed from most systems where it was unnecessary
Other changes and improvements:
- Docker for PHP and debugging using XDebug, built-in MySQL for testing (will add other databases)
- Fully automated build and deployment
- PHP Unit test suite with coverage reports
- Follow all PSR's for naming now
zesk\Doctrineis still in testing and is incomplete
- All other
zesk\ORM-based modules need to be migrated
- Additional code coverage and improved quality